Sunday, January 9, 2011

WE PARTIED WITH FAMOUS CHIPMONKS!

A very big six letter word sums up our weekend perfectly… DISNEY!  “It’s a Small World” ride was by far the biggest hit at Magic Kingdom.  The parade in front of Cinderella’s castle was pretty amazing too.  Meeting Chip & Dale in Magic Kingdom and then roasting marshmallows with Chip & Dale at the bon fire was killer.  Then the next morning from inside our Disney log cabin we saw Chip & Dale on TV – WE WERE PARTYING WITH FAMOUS CHIPMONKS, super cool!  Nemo killed it for little A.  She was glued to the underwater scene for most of the morning in Epcot.  Might have been fueled a bit by my enthusiasm for the underworld.  “Vowwwwww! Vowwwwwww!”… in Alexa’s words.  I, of course, drilled the staff about “their” 2 captive manatees and “their” 3 captive dolphins.  After finding out both the manatees and dolphins are rescues currently being rehabilitated soon to be released (and replaced by other rescues), I quietly, but skeptically backed away, then later explained to Alexa that it made me sad to see dolphins and manatees trapped in such a small enclosed space since they should be in the wild with their families and friends doing what is natural to them if at all possible.  Strangely enough, I went to Epcot a year or so earlier and swear I saw the same environment with the same, or very similar, sentient marine beings acting in the exact same distressed manor.  Going to research this further…

On a happier note, not only did Alexa have the time of her life, but I ran the Disney Half Marathon Race the morning before our Epcot excursion in record time.  (Record time for me (a P.R.) since having Alexa).  13.1 miles in 1 hr 49 minutes!  I was proud of myself… for a few hours after… but honestly I can’t get it out of my head all these other people who can kick way more ass than me running the full marathon and some even running the half on Saturday AND the full on Sunday.  Am I a bit competitive?  Yeah, maybe a little… but regardless of the reason, it’s time I stepped it up a notch.  I’m already scoping out music to fill my iPod for a 26.2 mile race.

We got home this afternoon (only a quick 3 hour drive) and Alexa was so excited to see “CamNut” (our cat “Camden” renamed CamNut by little A).  Then she proceeded to her room where she pulled out her number book opened the page to “6” and started to count the dogs on the page verbally outloud “un” “doo” “tee” “foor” “five” “six”… WHAT?!?!?!? My little baby, my little 20 month old baby just counted out loud to 6!!!!!  WTF?!?!? How awesome!  I’m shocked… still shocked… hours later.  The craziest part of it all is that I think she can count further than 6 because earlier today on the swing another little older girl was counting and paused after saying 7.  Alexa picked it right up saying “eight” and “nine” perfectly clearly!  We were constantly picking out letters and numbers throughout our Disney excursion.  And she knows her numbers when I show her, her
Seseme street
flash cards she got from Santa.

Another shocker, my little 20 month old has gone pee pee and poo poo in the potty more times than I can count in the last few days.  AND… on Friday as we quietly passed a “restroom” in Magic Kingdom, Alexa suddenly yelled “Autty!” “Autty!”  I checked her diaper, nothing.  I said “do you have to go potty?” She said “Yes! Autty!”  As I quickly whisked her away into the restroom it suddenly occurred to me, how did she know that was a potty?  There were no pictures and I never say the words restroom and she can't read the words restroom… or can she?  I’m impressed… and shocked… and proud of my baby girl.


Video I took while running the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment