Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today must be special, two blogs in one day, special or especially emotional.  Sadly, I still don’t have a clue when I will be able to actually post these blogs or get any work done.  George came home just long enough this evening to quickly change and run out the door for dinner and drinks at Lee’s BBQ with the Trinity group and a few others.  In the 10 minutes or so I saw him, G excitedly told me how he found us a babysitter today, a yacht broker’s assistant.  He described “our new babysitter” as young (29 or 30), single, eager to help, nice, and perfect for this job.  He repeated himself numerous times.  “She’s perfect.  I think she will be really great.  She’s perfect and said she’s free every night.”  Scott came over and enthusiastically verified George’s comments.  Am I silly to skeptically think this girl might be too perfect?  I’m supposed to meet her tomorrow.  All jealously aside, Alexa and I enjoyed the evening alone together in our paradise living room playing preschool apps and dancing to music on my iPhone.  I forced myself to put her to bed around 8:40pm.  Selfishly I wanted to keep playing with her, but she needs her sleep, especially since she has another cold… again… with a concerning cough this time.

Minus the very unpopular cold shower this evening, Alexa and I had such a good day together.  She’s such a sweetheart, really such a sweetheart.  Her concern for others, her natural compassion, melts my heart.  She helps me to be strong, to focus, to stay positive.  She is my rock.  She is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment