Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cheers to a Compassionate New Year!

Happy New Year!  01.01.11! 
There are a few other days this year that really catch my attention… days that I consider lucky since a bunch of 1’s in a row is my favorite number combination.  First off, we have 01.01.11.  Then in eleven days 01.11.11.  And then the luckiest day of them all, 11.11.11.  Maybe 11.11.11 will be a special birth day.  ;-)

Our New Year’s was very quiet and sober.  Since I don’t drink much at all these days and decided to attempt to drink a bottle or two of wine the night before New Year’s eve, I was so hung over all day on the 31st I felt like I was back in high school repeatedly promising I will NEVER drink again, EVER!  My New Year’s resolution seemed to clearly have to do with future sobriety. Around 5pm, after my extreme nausea subsided, I asked George what his New Year resolution is.  George doesn’t always communicate too well, so after I poked and prodded him a bit to get an answer, he told me his New Year’s resolution is to be a good boy so he gets more… ummmmm… I’ll leave the rest of that sentence for you to fill in the blank.  Funny he should say that because to me he is already a “good boy”.  George is a hard worker, kind, generous, and wonderful father.  Plus he cooks, cleans, and helps around the house tremendously when he’s home.  I truly appreciate my “good boy” husband.  Maybe my New Year’s resolution should be to show him my appreciation more often.

Alexa’s too young for New Year’s resolutions since she doesn’t do anything “bad” and she continues to grow positively every single day.  Maybe this should be my resolution, to view the world through the eyes of a child, open-mindedly learning and growing.

How many New Year’s resolutions am I aloud to have, because I have a list… no, really, I’m not kidding.  Being a bit of an over achiever, I actually typed up this ever growing list twice in this blog, then deleted it afraid of exposing myself to the extreme pressure of having to live up to “official” typed out resolutions.

Screw New Year’s resolutions, instead this is my New Year’s wish… that we all love one another embracing the true meaning of love in all its glory and exuding it through us into all other beings.  After all, we are all equals on this planet just trying to survive.  Why not love and support each other instead of destroy each other and our home.  It’s so important to be compassionate.  My New Year’s wish is for compassion, hope, happiness, freedom, peace, and love for all us earthlings and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. I am quite sure my Hubby has the same resolutions as yours! Too funny! I wish you a happy, healthy and safe new year!!!

    ReplyDelete