Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We Made It… Finally!

As always, Alexa did surprisingly, absolutely amazing on both flights for the entire thing.  She only slept about 2 hours total, but kept in good spirits mostly the rest of the time.  For me that trip is on a similar level to someone ripping your nails off your toes and fingers one by one with pliers.  It is just impossible for me to find a comfortable position and I am always dying of dehydration begging the damn flight attendants if I can find any of them to PLEASE BRING ME SOME MORE WATER!  What the hell do you think I am, a camel?  This bump is not on my back, it’s on my belly damn it!  Making the most out of these torturous hours and hours of pure ass numbing, feet swelling awake time, I focused some on baby distinctly feeling her move three separate times for about 20-30 minutes each time.  His kicks and punches like little fingers poking me from the inside.  It’s the only time in your life you can honestly say when someone kicks and punches you that it warms and melts your heart.

So… now we are here, in Southern France and it’s fucking cold!  Cold in a good way though, perfect weather really in my book, but waaaaay too cold to swim or go to the beach for these Southern Floridians.  The cold is comparable to San Francisco in the Spring.  Chilly in the morning, warms up some mid day with the sunshine, then chilly again at night.  Attire, layers.  Alexa and I are both already on France schedule and it hasn’t even been a day.  She is sleeping right now while I type away on my laptop on our gorgeous terrace overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.

Our apartment is perfect.  The perfect size, clean, great location, it’s even equipped with a toddler guard gate already installed for us on the stairs.  The place is modern… mostly, minus the no AC, but who needs it over here?  The terrace is massive.  We could have great dinner parties at this place IF WE HAD ANY FRIENDS HERE.  Listen you Yachtie Mommy blog followers, come visit us in the French Riviera please so we can shower you with French wines and champagnes and fill your bellies’ with marvelous Mediterranean food.  Please.  Come on now… are you really making me beg?

No comments:

Post a Comment