Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm loosing my mind

Contrary to my blog a couple of days ago, I’m loosing my mind.  I’m in French paradise and things are not going as smoothly as previously suspected.  Alexa is NOT adjusting this time to the new time zone or the fact that we are in a strange place, alone, and Daddy is no where to be found.  I can’t even take a shower without her standing outside the shower crying for me.  She will only sleep if I lay down with her in her bed and if I try to sneak out for a few hours while she sleeps to try to work or do something, anything, for myself or around the house, she wakes up crying for me and we have to start all over again.  In addition to all this, Alexa is fighting me no mater what I try to do for her… change her diaper, help her get dressed to go play, it doesn’t matter, a fight.  This is NOT my sweet little Alexa angel.  This is my sweet little Alexa angel in crisis mode.  It is so hard on me.  I’m exhausted and my patience is not what it usually is.  Not only am I not sleeping either, but being prego on top of all this is really wearing me down physically, mentally and emotionally.  Plus, I feel awful for her.  She must be so confused and afraid right now.  Strange place, strange people, everyone here speaks a strange language, no Daddy.  I am trying to be understanding, compassionate, explaining things as best I can to her… all the while also trying to let her know throwing crayons at me, screaming at the top of her lungs, deliberately doing what I ask her not to do and kicking me is not appropriate.  In between dealing with Alexa’s 50 million melt downs these last two days as well as a few melt downs of own, Alexa and I managed to hang at the beach, play at the park, ride a bike to another park, have pizza at a local beach café, go on a few walks, eat some gelato, grocery shop, oh and I actually was able to work just enough to get by one more day while she napped and one night while she slept.  OMG, I’m loosing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment