Thursday, June 2, 2011

Good Weather, Great News & More Great News!

I’m coming to a close of my second week straight of working in crisis mode.  Ending days at 1am and restarting at 4 or 5am still hasn’t given me enough time in my day to complete my never ending list of work and other shit on my plate.  I’m in a panic trying to get it all done before….  Why this time crunch?  Well, Alexa and I are flying to France on Monday for 3 months and there’s a ton of stuff to do before we leave.  Daddy G left today to sail a yacht trans-Atlantic.  We won’t see him again until June 20-something.  He’s taking the yacht to Italy, then meeting us over in Juan les Pin / Antibes France.  We already miss him and are praying for good weather and a safe, uneventful voyage.

Some of the many things on my to do list this week before Monday are loads of doctor appointments for myself and Alexa.  Yesterday was the Pediatrician… today we visited the office of Alexa’s surgeon to check on the hydronephrosis in her kidneys which occurred after surgery.  A month ago they weren’t sure if the hydronephrosis was caused by a blockage or something else.  Thankfully, today the results proved the blockage possibility wrong.  Much of the fluid has reabsorbed.  Much more than they even expected at this point.  Yay.  Her right kidney is significantly smaller than the left due to the reflux condition and permanent kidney damage, but they aren’t too concerned.  She will have to be monitored on a regular basis to check for protein in her urine and other complications as she grows.  I think despite the difference in size and function, her kidneys will work perfectly together as a unit for the rest of her life and we will never have to worry again.  J  The news of the massive reduction in hydronephrosis is such a relief.  She will stay on antibiotics for a week or so after we arrive in the Med and then FINALLY OFF THE ANTIBIOTICS, if I choose!… Regardless, I will be dosing her up on the probiotics to try to keep her immune system up.  We won’t find out if the surgery was a complete success until September, but I have faith it worked.  She is strong, healthy, beautiful and full of life.  You can’t tell she had a surgery 6 weeks ago at all.

My doctor appointments consisted of a quick blood test at one office and then a trip to my OBGYN for my 16 week pregnancy check up.  YES, I AM PREGNANT AGAIN!  After over 4 months of keeping a secret I can finally tell everyone!  Alexa is going to have a baby brother or sister.  We won’t know if it is a boy or girl until the birth.  This time, we are keeping the sex of the baby a secret.  We are overly excited and so is Alexa.  She is going to be a wonderful big sister.

If you want to follow my pregnancy, check out our pregancy blog: http://ourpregnancymindbodyspirit.blogspot.com/

Again I wish good weather for George and the rest of the crew on the crossing.  WE LOVE YOU BABE!  See you in a few weeks on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment