Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Because… Today Is All We Have

FEW! I can finally catch a little breath, but only a short one.  George is upstairs packing to go away on a 3 week work trip (St. Barths… then Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Holland) so I want to spend some time with him tonight before he goes.  Since my last blog we packed up two months worth of crap in two hours, flew back to Miami and have had a whirlwind of a week trying to find balance in our chaotic stateside routine.  Why does it seem like there really is never enough time in the day when in the states?  I frequently find myself up at 6am and going nonstop until midnight (or many times even later).  I can barely catch a breath.  If I have 10 extra things on my daily “to do list”, I am lucky if I accomplish 4 in addition to my paying job(s), my fulltime motherhood job, my housework job, school and all the other daily crap that comes up.  I miss the relaxmosphere of the Caribbean.
Despite the USA chaos, every morning I wake up grateful for a fresh, new day and try to live it like it’s my last.  I try to be grateful for everything as much as I can.  I try to be mindful and aware.  I’m purposefully kind to everyone (or try to be) and truly feel love in my heart for everyone and everything.  If I am lucky enough to go for a run, I imagine zapping everyone I pass with loving energy from my energy reserves and imagine the sun reenergizing my entire being with every breath I take.  If something frustrates me, I try to find the good in the situation and let go of all disappointment or any other negative feelings as soon as I notice the feelings are there.  Yes, I do have to vent them out sometimes, I’m not perfect, but after venting I begin to allow those negative feelings to dissolve as quickly as possible.  Because… today is all we have.



…I’m going to miss my baby while he’s gone and worse, Alexa is going to miss her Daddy so, so incredibly much.  I hope you enjoy the random pictures of Alexa.  I'm off to spend my last few hours with my hubby for a while.  A little separation is good sometimes, but 3 weeks!  That's just so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment