Saturday, October 2, 2010

Rainbows

I started this blog site with every intent to write in it almost daily, yet it’s been September 17th since my last confession.  Why have I slacked so badly?  First of all, my distance is due to the fact that I have been a single mother with full-time jobs and no babysitter or family to help for over 2 weeks.  (The joys of being a yachtie mom who lives far away from family).  I’ve also been overwhelmed with emotion about the sudden loss of my good friend’s sweet, free-spirited mother.  A remarkable young mother of only 60 who had an amazing life forced too early to leave behind 4 beautiful children and her loving husband of almost 40 years.  She sent her beautiful daughter, my good friend, a rainbow the other day.  And not just any ole’ rainbow… one that stretched from end to end over the ocean, bright and clear as can be.  “For you my love!  Mua! Mua! A rainbow for you!”

"Boozing" it up before heading out

Amidst the crazy work hours and this heartbreaking tragedy, I’m still determined to show Alexa the time of her life, daily, through 1000’s of kisses, hugs, and “I love yous”, and also recently kiddie playdates, a walk for farm animals, cheering at the Dolphins/Jets game in executive box seats, seeing most of “Sesame Street Live” at the theatre, and dancing to some tunes in a tot music class.  Her smile, her laughter, is my reason for living.

Daddy came home Wednesday night.  Yaaaay!  Alexa and I are thrilled to have him home.  Now if my damn work would leave me alone for at least half a day so I can spend some time with my family, that would really be nice!  I think I’ll be playing hooky this weekend (at least during the day while G and Alexa are awake).  A family Saturday picnic at the beach and a BBQ football party with friends at our house on Sunday sounds really perfect.  Oh, and I’m running a 10K Sunday morning to raise money for the Boys and Girls Club.  The weather looks like typical South Florida weather.  Maybe sunshine, maybe some showers… Maybe, we’ll see a rainbow.


"Dolphins Party is Suite'r" Go Dolphins! (Too bad they lost)

Don't mess with my "Tofurky"!


No comments:

Post a Comment