Sunday, October 10, 2010

Balance...

What a gorgeous 10.10.10.  A little fun in the sun and waves Saturday with the fam, a delicious Saturday night date with my husband (the first since Valentine’s Day), a lovely Sunday brunch in Weston at Jenna’s, and a Sunday afternoon stroll through Mizner Park made for a wonderful weekend.  Now, a dose of bad news… Caitlin’s been sick trying to deal with shitty London health care while George and I helplessly await updates via bbm.  We are worried sick about her.  Alexa and I both caught a cold this week, but we seem to be on the mend.  I’m insanely swamped with work, but procrastinating in order to squeeze out a quick blog update.  I’m severely struggling with balancing work, school, mommyism, house wife “work”, exercise, sleep, bill management, and other financial obligations.

Essentially, in order to cross off at least a few items on my daily to-do list, it looks as though I’ve been forced to temporarily suspend my blogging, sleep, and apparently all forms of exercise.  Although I am frantically fighting full burnout, I see light at the end of this insane sleepless unbalanced tunnel.  After interviewing 10+ pre-preschools and 12+ potential babysitters this week, I finally found a suitable fit.  Finally, I can begin to achieve the balance in my daily life that I’ve been longing for and maybe even be a Super Mom who actually sleeps.  However, due to the fact it is Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show month and I start classes again later this month, the sleep still may not come for a while.  After this weekend I will most definitely have to pull an all-nighter tonight in order to get my work done for Monday morning.  This scenario will repeat itself numerous times over the next three months, but Alexa starting “school” part-time should help alleviate some stress.  Although, I’m going to miss my little munchkin dearly while she attends school, I think school will be good for both of us.  Maybe in between work and classes while Alexa is in school, I can squeeze in some runs again since I am supposed to run another half marathon November 14th.  Alexa’s new schedule: Monday mornings Alexa has music class… Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Alexa will be in school… Friday will be our girlie day (unless I have to work an event)… and Saturday am Alexa has swim class… Sunday is fun day with Mommy and Daddy (when Daddy is in town).  Actually next Sunday Alexa and I fly to Texas for a few days and Daddy goes to Spain.  The Sunday after next Daddy will still be in Spain.  And Alexa isn’t really starting school until October 26th… Then it’s boatshow… why am I even trying to make a schedule?  S-s-s-s-Supermom who?

No comments:

Post a Comment