Monday, February 21, 2011

Anguilla, Crabs, Sand Castles and Sharks

I apologize for my blog slacking... this is due to the fact that usually we are outside somewhere and when inside, I am either encompassed with Alexa or using all the indoor spare computer time to work on work… the kind I get paid for.  I just finished a really special freelance project, www.InspiredLifeWorkshops.org  Check it out!  I’m so excited to be a part of such an amazing, loving, spiritual group.

So… to recap the last 10 days… We “worked” in Anguilla at the IGY / Rybovich Crew Golf Scramble, frolicked around at Friar’s Bay, practiced pool swimming in the slightly warmer weather (it changed from 80 degrees to 82 degrees), had another great “date night” Thursday night, gambled at Buccaneer Beach bonfire barefoot kids crab racing night, enjoyed another boat ride to Pinel Island, went scuba diving with a reef shark and pretty much worked in between it all with a little running and yoga thrown into the mix.

Alexa and I created 3 sand castles over the last 10 days!  The reason this is sooo super cool is because before this, she used to destroy sand castles instead of build them.  Now, suddenly, she’s an expert sand castle maker and decorator.  Every day gets more and more fun with this little munchkin.

And speaking of milestones, Alexa is using two words together all the time now and sometimes three words together.  I first noticed three words as we built our very first sand castle together.  We were in Anguilla on the beach, just the two of us, when a storm suddenly started to blow through.  Alexa, being down wind, suddenly threw her arms up and turns to me, “Mommy Dirt Eyes!”  “Mommy Dirt Eyes!”  As I sat in the powder sand impressed by her mounting vocabulary, I poured a bottle of clean water over her eyes fixing the problem just in time to dash under the nearby Cuisin Art Beach Bar for cover.  After, we celebrated our three word breakthrough and 1st sand castle with two veggie shiskabobs from the resort’s very own organic hydroponic farm.  Later we met up with Daddy and the rest of the golfing gang at the golf course to celebrate his win.  What a great celebratory day!

Alexa made two friends on two separate occasions in the last few days, Bella and Jude.  At Buccaneer Beach Bar on Friday night, Bella, a little 3 year old Aussie girl who lives fulltime with her engineer/stew parents (and the rest of the crew) on a 240’ yacht, helped Alexa pick out crabs for the crab races.  We won!  Our buddy Craig’s crab won 1st place, Alexa’s crab second place and Bella’s crab 3rd place out of at least 50 other crabs bet on by 50 other strangers… What are the odds?!?!?  I couldn’t help but feel a little guilty though… the poor crabs.  Hopefully they let them go on the beach at the end of the night.

Saturday, on Pinel Island, a cutie patootie little 2 year old blue-eyed, dark-haired boy from Long Island named Jude provided hours of entertainment as he and Alexa filled containers with sand, chased each other and threw a beach ball around.  Obviously I share Alexa’s tastes in men… her Daddy is a cutie patootie blue-eyed, dark-haired boy from Long Island too.

So all in all, we are really loving the island life.  I think G might be a bit bored as work is quite a bit busier for him in the Med, but he’s not complaining too much.  He’s used to working 24/7 and this is kind of like a break for him to work somewhat normal hours.  I, on the other hand, have so much on my plate I am swamped… never slowing down.  Although I am balancing everything pretty well lately… as always I have to sacrifice something each day, (I can’t do it all every day), and what has been sacrificed most, besides my blog, is my exercise routine.  I am only running maybe 10 miles a week right now if I’m lucky coupled with a few yoga sessions and some abs.  I feel like I’m getting out of shape and I’m pretty irritated about it.  But, I can’t sacrifice work any more than I already am because that’s how I survive and I can’t sacrifice any more of my time with Alexa because my time with her is REALLY HOW I SURVIVE.  So… qué será, sera.  I really can’t complain.  Life is good, really good.  I am so grateful for this life, my family, my friends, for dreams, for love and everything it encompasses.  Thank you.

Sand Castle #1 in Anguilla

Sand Castle #2 at Friar's Bay

Mullet Bay
  
Anguilla Golf Course

The Golf Champions!
Captain Alexa taking us to Pinel Island




Diving with Heather


Cheese!


No comments:

Post a Comment