Monday, September 13, 2010

Wow! What a Great Weekend.

Antibes
Wow! What a great weekend with the girls. Just as suspected, Alexa was happy as a clam to be around her big sisters again. Antibes spoiled us with lavender, spices, olive oil, mueles, frites, tiramisu, and cappuccinos. Then, following an afternoon cruise through the charming village of Eze, Daddy G cooked a fabulous eggplant parm which we all enjoyed on our beautiful Monaco terrace overlooking the marina for the perfect close to our first day together. A beach lunch, merry-go-rounds, and glitter sand filled our Saturday in hoity toity Cannes. Carnivorous bees joined us that evening for a gorgeous curry dinner on the terrace back in Monaco. The last day was a pizza, palace, poker Sunday in Monaco strolling through the gardens overlooking the Mediterranean Sea so lovely. Wow! What a great weekend with the girls. Caitlin and Michelle are back in London now, but not for long… Scotland, Paris, and Dublin are on their itinerary for the next three weeks with many more destinations to follow. My itinerary now consists of one destination, Florida. Hot, green, luscious, Florida with all the conveniences I’m used to, territory I’m familiar with, and people who speak English (mostly). Florida, home. I’m packing up two and a half months worth of mine and Alexa’s crap today. Alexa and I head home tomorrow. Home. “Home”. What does that word really mean to me? Is Florida my home since I own a house there and I have friends there? Or is Texas really my home since I grew up there and my friends, brother, mother, father, niece, and my 13-day-old baby nephew who I haven’t had a chance to meet yet are there? Have I really ever felt like I have a home or should this traveling soul confess the world is my home? Actually, George and Alexa are my home. So then, I’m not really going home, am I? I’m already home. As a matter of fact, Alexa and I are leaving part of our home in Monaco tomorrow when we step onto that plane. But George will be home soon. Home is where the heart is. Regardless, I can’t help but excitingly shout, “FLORIDA, HERE WE COME!”

Eze
Back Packing in Eze
Sisters in Monaco
Riding the Merry-Go-Round in Cannes

1 comment: