Friday, September 17, 2010

Left Behind

9pm on a Friday night, Alexa is asleep and I’m already in my PJs contemplating if I should work on some of my many pending Graphic Design projects (something I do most nights after Alexa is asleep), or work on my yachtie moms website, or get off this damn computer for once just to chill out alone on my couch, maybe with a glass of red wine and dark vegan chocolate and rent a movie.  When I am home and Daddy is away, this is my lonely life.  What makes it worse is that my “other half” isn’t just working by day in Monaco, France, Italy, Spain, Amsterdam, the Caribbean, Dubai, or where ever he might be at the time, but he is also expected to “work” at night.  You see, a big part of this job is entertaining the rich, fabulous, and others yacht industry people who are biting at the chance to get a piece of the pie.  Although I am over the whole going out EVERY night thing, somehow knowing that my husband is still very much actively participating in this lifestyle makes it harder on me.  I appreciate and welcome some solitude, but Daddy G is gone for work most of the time.  For example, he’s been in Europe since the beginning of June and will not return to us until September 29th.  (Thankfully we were able to spend 2 and a half of those months with him in Europe on the company dime).  Mid October he is traveling back to Spain for a week then coming back to a full-on week of Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show day/night work.  In November, he will be in Amsterdam and Germany.  In December, he will be in St. Maartin and Antigua for 10 days.  In early 2011, he will be gone for 3+ months in the Caribbean, back in Florida for a month (if we’re lucky), then off to the Mediterranean again for 4 to 5 months.  One thing about this amazing, traveling, yachtie lifestyle is that when you are left behind, it can be quite lonely sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. That would be very hard. My Hubby traveled a lot in the early years of our marriage. I just kept telling myself he was doing it for our family and he was working hard. Having a blog will help you :)

    ReplyDelete