Saturday, December 4, 2010

It’s been a long, long time...

It’s been a long, long time, I’m sorry but I just couldn’t find the time or energy to blog.  Alexa has been very ill, first with a kidney infection, then with a horrible flu and finally with a devastating stomach illness.   Daddy had to travel twice for about half of the whole dreadful experience.  My concern for Alexa has been debilitating.  One Pediatric Urologist (one of the top in Florida) wants to perform surgery on her immediately, the other wants to wait and keep her on another 6 months to a year of Prophylactic antibiotics which I am sooo uncomfortable with.  The surgery would be a kind of c-section type surgery where they make an incision across her lower abdomen to replace the valves leading from her bladder to her kidney.  I, unfortunately, was forced to have a c-section when giving birth to Alexa and I do not wish that pain on anyone let alone my own little 19-month old daughter.  And if that 50-50 diagnosis wasn’t stressful enough, Alexa’s extremely severe diarrhea and vomiting over the last week coupled with her lack of fluid intake stressed me to no end that she may become deathly dehydrated.  Thankfully, Alexa is finally feeling much better after over 3 total weeks of Hell.  She is running, playing, smiling, eating, drinking, and creating marvelous artwork on paper as well as on seashells, our walls and all over herself. (Pictures to come)

Tomorrow morning I am running the Palm Beach half marathon which should be quite interesting since I haven’t run since Alexa became ill more than 3 weeks ago and the race website states “No iPods”.  WTF?!?!  Regardless of how difficult a 6am 13.1 mile run in 50 degree weather with no music might be, I am looking forward to getting out there and running none the less.  Thankfully I have a buddy or two to run with and in girlie fashion to chit chat with the whole time.  After my run, Alexa and I plan to make some vegan Christmas cookies and reindeer chocolate iced cupcakes.  Then, we will finish making our seashell Christmas tree decorations and decorate our Floridian tree.  Daddy is in the Caribbean so he won’t be here to enjoy our vegan sweetie baking, Christmas crafts and tree decorating.  Although I’m sure Alexa and I will have a blast tomorrow, it would be really nice to spend a week in the Caribbean with Daddy, then come back and make these Christmas delights together as a family.  Sigh.

Just as a heads up to my fellow bloggers… Sunday night, and pretty much the whole rest of the next 12 days, I will probably not be sleeping trying to get a 20 page content analysis written (due this Thursday), 2 presentations created and presented, take an Accounting final exam, write a 10 page Financial analysis on a public company, and write a course reflection paper all while working my regular job and taking care of Alexa alone.  Plus, I still have to find time to train for my next half marathon, so my blogging might be put on the back burner again.  Unless of course, I decide to procrastinate, which is a huge possibility.  I tend to procrastinate and then do whatever it takes last minute to create the most perfect A+ masterpiece.  Sleep is over rated.  These are the kinds of challenges I absolutely love.  Look out world… super Mom is on the loose again!

1 comment:

  1. You poor poor thing! So much to deal with all at once. Please keep us posted on sweet Alexa. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. xoxox

    ReplyDelete