Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let's Dance at the beach with the Sunrise to the Sound of Crashing Waves. We haven’t done that in a while… we need to.

Did you think I fell down the rabbit hole?  Well, I kind of did… 26 days suspended in the reality of a blogging detox.  Yeah, well, not exactly suspended and definitely not a detox.  That’s what I need, not what has happened.  It would be nice if I could suspend my life for just a few moments. A few moments to catch my breath, then my thoughts, then release them.  So much has happened, I feel like it’s been ages since I’ve blogged… but, I’ll spare the details.  Rush. Rush. Rush. Go. Go. Go.  Quick to this project, hurry to that project.  Faster. Faster.  So much stuff on my plate I’m thinking about the next thing while I’m doing something else! How much crap can I possible get done each day?… even Alexa has learned to say “hurry, Mommy, hurry.”  Regretfully, I am guilty of keeping myself so busy I’m neglecting my beautiful child, my husband, and myself.  I can’t even enjoy a shower these days without my mind racing from one thing to the next.  Shhhhhhhh!  Time to start anew, fresh, a rebirth.  Monday morning is a new day… a beautiful new day.  It is important to remember how lucky we are to have one more beautiful day to breath.  To feel the warmth on our skin. To hug the people we love. To hear the birds singing outside.  To smell the spring flowers blooming.  One day it will all be gone.  We don’t know when that day will be.  What will matter on our last day of life?  Will I regret being 5 minutes late to a work meeting, or will I regret not taking 5 minutes to tell my family I love them?  Will I regret missing out on my morning workout, or will I regret missing out on a morning of pure connection with my 2 year old angel?  For me, the answers are obvious.  Time to start anew, fresh, a rebirth.  My Monday will start at 4am to the sound of crickets, my iPhone ring tone wakeup call of choice.  Why the crap 4am?  I’m hoping to give myself 2 to 3 hours in the morning to meditate, get caught up on work, and maybe do a little yoga before my baby opens her angel eyes.  Hummmmm, actually, on second thought… maybe I should set the alarm for 3am instead.  Yes, 3am it is.  I want, and need, to have time to do all three.  Maybe I will get lucky and Alexa will wake up early enough to go to the beach and dance with the sunrise to the sound of crashing waves.  We haven’t done that in a while… we need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment